Tuesday, June 30, 2009

IT Hardware (Servers, Mainframes, Storage) - who is the future buyer ?

My Views on Business and Technology: IT Hardware (Servers, Mainframes, Storage) - who is the future buyer ?

Couple of months ago, I had posted a blog entry who is the Buyer of IT Hardware - The link is posted above. Additionally I had commented on "
Cloud Computing - What is so disruptive about it?"

Today, a colleague of mine shared the following post on Yahoo!Finance titled "
The Cloud Computing Disruption". If you had read my previous posting on these subjects and still had lingering questions, please read the following post. It may help you reach some conclusions that I came to months ago.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-Cloud-Computing-ms-4217976398.html?x=0&.v=1

If you have any feed back please respond by posting a comment, I will appreciate it and respond back with my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks
Nagesh
The views represented in this blog are my personal views and are not a reflection of or opinions of any of the institutions I am associated with or have worked for.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Video on Demand services offered by cable carriers like comcast analogous to Service on Demand or cloud? Cable industry was monolithic in their service models but is evolving more towards the personalized model and comcast has video on demand numbers picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First sorry for the late response, however better late then never.

    The the media industry is the first to recognize the value of services on demand. However in my opinion cloud goes beyond as "Services on demand" expects a request to be serviced. How about stretching it further to context aware services where there is no request? I guess some food for thought ...

    ReplyDelete